Top 10 Reasons to Live in Mont Belvieu, Tx.
Mont Belvieu, Texas or as the locals call it, Barbers Hill, is quickly becoming the “it” place to live. Since 2001, this little mom-and-pop town has grown exponentially into a thriving and bustling community, and is located just 30 minutes from Houston. Homes for sale Mont Belvieu, Tx. are selling fast! From new schools being built to keep up with the growing population, to refineries expanding their size and hiring hundreds of new employees to keep up with demand, Barbers Hill isn’t showing any signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Here is a list of the top 10 reasons to live in Mont Belvieu, Tx.
10. Race Days at the Royal Purple Raceway – Barbers Hill is home to Houston’s only major multipurpose motorsports venue. It offers a 3/8 mile oval and a quarter mile drag strip. The track seats 30,000 people so be sure to buy your tickets early! Residents with homes for sale Mont Belvieu, Tx. attend the yearly Spring Nationals by the hundreds!
9. Friday Nights at the Barbers Hill Football Stadium – The residents of here love their football! Go Big Blue! – and they love their football players even more. You can see this every Friday night during football season because the stadium is packed full of students, parents, teachers, and diehard fans that just love to see the Eagles win, win, win!
8. Eagle Pointe Golf Course and Rec Center – Another popular hangout spot close to homes for sale Mont Belvieu, Tx. includes the Eagle Pointe Golf Course and Rec Center. It offers an extremely prestigious weight room and training facility, basketball courts, tennis and racket ball courts, indoor Olympic style swimming pool, outdoor wave pool, and an exemplary 18-hole golf course that is home to many golf tournaments and events. During summer, the wave pool hosts a family movie night displayed on a giant concrete projector screen.
7. Great Fishing – Barbers Hill is located right by the Trinity Bay and there are more boat ramps and marsh lands than you can count. Residents with homes for sale Mont Belvieu, Tx. always have a place to get out and enjoy a day on the river.
6. Friendliest Neighbors in Houston – Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name. Well Barbers Hill is that place. Mont Belvieu is a tight knit community where you can count on your neighbors to behave more like family than friends. You can be sure that after you have moved here you will meet people that will go to the moon and back for you.
5. Small Town Feel – It’s true that Barbers Hill has experienced unprecedented growth in the past decade or so, but it still manages to maintain that small town charm. Continuing with the previous paragraph, everybody knows everybody else and if you find yourself wanting some company, just head over to Eagle Pointe and you will be sure to make some friends.
4. Wide Open Spaces – You won’t find many cookie cutter homes for sale Mont Belvieu, Tx. or small lots in Barbers Hill. Most neighborhoods have homes on extremely large lots and there is plenty of undeveloped land and acreage for sale. New neighborhoods and always being added but the homes are widely spaced and you have plenty of room to stretch your legs. A couple great examples of this are neighborhoods like Plantation and the newly built Wilburn Ranch.
3. Low Property Taxes – Chambers County has some of the lowest property taxes in greater Houston area. Cities like Deer Park, Clear Lake, and even Houston itself, can’t compete with the unbelievably low property taxes new residents are sure to enjoy.
2. The ABSOLUTE Best Schools in Texas. Period – This isn’t an opinion. It’s a fact. People move here from all over Texas just to enroll their children in the amazing school system that is Barbers Hill Independent School District. It’s hard to argue with results as year after year BHISD is recognized as an exemplary school district by the entire State of Texas. We have brilliant students, outstanding athletes, and more recently our theater arts department is building a reputation as one of the most talented in the state.
1. Blackshear Realty HQ – Located in the heart of Mont Belvieu, Blackshear Realty sets up shop right off of Eagle Drive on FM 565 North. Our agents are extremely knowledgeable about all the happenings in this wonderful town, and we are always available to help you find homes for sale Mont Belvieu, Tx. whether you are buying, selling, or just curious about the current market. For even more information about these outstanding real estate professionals, you can visit our new website at www.BlackshearRealty.com and sign up for updates on homes for sale in the area.